Companies need smarter, faster, more agile operations to thrive in volatile and unpredictable environments. At ConGlobal, we believe that future-focused terminals can balance the evolving expectations of customers, employees, investors, and others, fuel profitable growth, and deliver transformation with the right business outcomes.
Join Seana Fairchild as she digs into the challenges every terminal and yard faces and how experts join us to combine human ingenuity, experience, and innovative tech and deliver unprecedented solutions that lead the way.
Listen and subscribe to the Future-Focused Terminal on your favorite podcasting app.
Most of us didn’t give the humble shipping container much thought until the frantic post-lockdown consumption rush reminded us of its importance.
In this episode, join our host Seana Fairchild, and guest, Bill Franzke, and learn more about the shipping container market, understand the pricing and functionality of containers, and, most importantly, how consumers like you can get the best deal on a box.
- After the merchandize-led boom associated with the pandemic, the global shipping container market has experienced extreme swings up and down—from a short supply of in-use boxes to full container depots as we round out 2023.
- The 2023 peak season is upon us, and the outlook is mixed; 35% say it will be more active, another 35% say it will be less active, and the remaining 30% indicate volume will be the same as last year. And when you compare that to post-pandemic years, many believe it is a market normalization.
- In our work with consumers, we sometimes need to contextualize information they might hear on the news. In 2020, the news reported a shortage of containers, which means there were not enough containers where export and import is needed. The shortage did contribute to a period of building new containers (more than 15%) to keep up with the flow of goods in 2021-2022.
- The lifespan of an in-fleet container is between 7 and 25 years. Container owners look at many factors when deciding to sell: utilization, age, and their overall fleet plan. The overbuild of 2021-2022 won’t likely impact the market for the next 2 to 3 years.
- For consumers looking to buy a shipping container, now’s a great time. Units and sizes that were scarce during the pandemic rush are now coming online, and if someone is in the market for a new one-trip box, it’s a great time to buy.
- Get a FREE, fast quote from our team by calling 800.255.4835 or filling out our quote form online https://cgicontainersales.com/get-a-quote/.